Table of Contents
Which virus attacks a computer?
Examples of computer viruses Trojans – As in the myth, a Trojan is a virus that hides within a legitimate-seeming program to spread itself across networks or devices. Ransomware – Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts a user’s files and demands a ransom for its return.
What is the deadliest computer virus?
Top 10 Most Destructive Computer Viruses of All Time
- ILOVEYOU. The ILOVEYOU virus posed as a love confession.
- Code Red. Code Red targeted Microsoft IIS users and even the White House website was hit.
- Melissa. This virus started in 1999 as an infected word document.
- Storm Trojan.
- My Doom.
Do viruses take up RAM?
Malware in action can consume a substantial amount of your computer’s memory, leaving limited resources for other legitimate programs to use. This can lead to extremely sluggish performance of vital programs, like your Internet browser or operating system and a slow PC overall.
How does virus enter the computer?
Viruses can enter your computer in any number of ways, such as via an email attachment, during file downloads from the Internet or even upon a visit to a contaminated Web site.
Who made the I Love You virus?
Creation. ILOVEYOU was created by Onel De Guzman, a college student in Manila, Philippines, who was 24 years old at the time.
What does the ILOVEYOU virus do?
The attachment in the ILOVEYOU virus is a VBScript program that recipients at the time mistook for a simple text file because the extension . vbs was hidden from view on Windows machines. When the file is opened, it finds the recipient’s Outlook address book and re-sends the note to everyone in it.
Who made the ILOVEYOU virus?
How do I know if my RAM has a virus?
Check if you’re running out of RAM. For Windows, open task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and go to the Performance tab and check how many gigabytes of RAM you are using under the Memory section. For Mac OS users, you can open the Activity Monitor app and under System Memory you should be able to find out your RAM usage.
How do I get rid of full disk virus?
If your PC has a virus, following these ten simple steps will help you to get rid of it:
- Step 1: Download and install a virus scanner.
- Step 2: Disconnect from internet.
- Step 3: Reboot your computer into safe mode.
- Step 4: Delete any temporary files.
- Step 5: Run a virus scan.
- Step 6: Delete or quarantine the virus.
What are the 4 types of computer viruses?
Common Types of Computer Viruses
- Multipartite Virus. This virus infects the entire system – multipartite viruses spread by performing unauthorized actions on your operating system, folders, and programs.
- Direct Action.
- Browser Hijacker.
- Overwrite Virus.
- Web Scripting Virus.
- File Infector.
- Network Virus.
- Boot Sector Virus.
What was the first computer virus?
As noted by Discovery, the Creeper program, often regarded as the first virus, was created in 1971 by Bob Thomas of BBN. Creeper was actually designed as a security test to see if a self-replicating program was possible.