Table of Contents
- 1 What are the 10 most common diseases?
- 2 What are the 6 types of diseases?
- 3 What are the symptoms of Niemann Pick Disease Type A?
- 4 What is the most common disease?
- 5 What are the 4 types of infections?
- 6 What are the five diseases?
- 7 Who gets Niemann-Pick disease?
- 8 Is Niemann-Pick disease curable?
- 9 What is list of diseases?
- 10 What are the major diseases?
What are the 10 most common diseases?
The following data is taken from the CDC’s 2017 report .
- Heart disease. Number of deaths per year: 635,260.
- Cancer. Number of deaths per year: 598,038.
- Accidents (unintentional injuries) Number of deaths per year: 161,374.
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Influenza and pneumonia.
What are the 6 types of diseases?
6 infectious disease types that continue to burden US
- Rima F.
- Vaccine preventable diseases.
- Zoonotic and vector-borne diseases.
- Foodborne illness.
- HIV and STIs.
- Chronic hepatitis.
- For more information:
What are the 2 main types of disease?
Diseases can be grouped into two types:
- communicable , which are caused by pathogens and can be transferred from one person to another, or from one organism to another – in humans these include measles, food poisoning and malaria.
- non-communicable , which are not transferred between people or other organisms.
What are the symptoms of Niemann Pick Disease Type A?
The signs and symptoms of the type A form of Niemann-Pick disease are present within the first few months of life and include:
- swelling of the abdomen from enlargement of the liver and spleen, which usually occurs around 3-6 months of age.
- swollen lymph nodes.
- a cherry-red spot inside the eye.
- difficulty feeding.
What is the most common disease?
According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population.
What’s the worst lung disease?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a serious, lifelong lung disease. It causes lung scarring (tissues scar and thicken over time), making it harder to breathe. Symptoms may come on quickly or take years to develop.
What are the 4 types of infections?
This article will focus on the most common and deadly types of infection: bacterial, viral, fungal, and prion.
What are the five diseases?
Infectious diseases affect billions of people around the globe annually. According to WHO and the CDC, these infectious diseases are the five most common.
- Hepatitis B.
- Hepatitis C.
Are diseases curable?
Some diseases can be cured. Others, like hepatitis B, have no cure. The person will always have the condition, but medical treatments can help to manage the disease. Medical professionals use medicine, therapy, surgery, and other treatments to help lessen the symptoms and effects of a disease.
Who gets Niemann-Pick disease?
Niemann-Pick disease type A occurs more frequently among individuals of Ashkenazi (eastern and central European) Jewish descent than in the general population. The incidence within the Ashkenazi population is approximately 1 in 40,000 individuals.
Is Niemann-Pick disease curable?
There is currently no cure for Niemann-Pick disease. Treatment is supportive. Children usually die from infection or progressive neurological loss. There is currently no effective treatment for persons with type A.
What are the different types of illnesses?
Diseases can be classified into four main types: pathogenic disease, deficiency disease, hereditary disease, and physiological disease. Disease often impairs the patient’s normal functions and disrupts its homeostasis.
What is list of diseases?
A disease is a particular abnormal condition that negatively affects the structure or function of part or all of an organism, and that is not due to any external injury. Diseases are often construed as medical conditions that are associated with specific symptoms and signs.
What are the major diseases?
Major disease categories include cancer, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, urogenital, respiratory, infectious, metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases.
What are examples of acute medical condition?
A cold is considered to be an acute condition. Scrapes and cuts are considered to be acute conditions. Residual back pain is an example of a chronic medical condition.