Table of Contents
Is the word bogus slang?
You may know bogus as a slang word meaning “uncool” or simply “no good,” but did you know that bogus has actually been a part of English since the early 1800s? Not only was the word coined then, it was actually doing some coining of its own, so to speak. Back then, a bogus was a machine used to make counterfeit coins.
What is a good sentence for false?
False sentence example. “Good morning, sunshine!” she said with false cheerfulness. I need to respect you enough not to provide false hope. After a few false starts, things began to move along pretty well as the evening proceeded.
How do you do Example sentence?
How-do-you-do sentence example
- But how do you do?
- It’s important to restore family harmony, but how do you do it without making your dog feel even more jealous and alienated?
- B, how do you do it?
How do you use exude in a sentence?
Exude sentence example
- The whole of the green parts of the plant are covered with long soft hairs which exude a viscid juice, giving the surface a moist glutinous feeling.
- All the species exude resin, but no turpentine.
- You possess a sense of self-worth and you exude confidence.
What word rhymes with bogus?
What is a Pogger?
Nowadays, “poggers” refers to a specific emoticon available on Twitch which depicts a surprised-looking Pepe the Frog. The word “poggers” is used to express excitement during a game when something exciting occurs.
What’s a true or false question?
A true or false question consists of a statement that requires a true or false response. There are other variations of the True or False format as well, such as: “yes” or “no”, “correct” or “incorrect”, and “agree” or “disagree” which is often used in surveys.
What is a true/false statement?
A true-false statement is any sentence that is either true or false but not both. A negation of a statement has the opposite meaning of a truth value. A negations is written as ~p. If we call the statement: cucumbers are green, p then: p: cucumbers are green – this statement is true.
What is a example sentence?
[T] He is about my age. [T] He is about thirty. [T] He is sure to come. [T] He is very careful.
What is a sentence for Had example?
Had sentence example
- They had two adopted children already.
- Certainly she had been under a lot of stress.
- She had a choice.
- All the papers had been signed and the money provided.
- A nearby steeple had been broken off short and the fragments lay heaped beside it.
- Would she ever outgrow the things mama had taught her?
What does exude mean sentence?
If someone exudes a quality or feeling, or if it exudes, they show that they have it to a great extent. [formal] The guerrillas exude confidence. Every town, they say, is under their control. She exudes an air of relaxed calm.
What exude means?
transitive verb. 1 : to cause to ooze or spread out in all directions. 2 : to display conspicuously or abundantly exudes charm. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About exude.