How do I reset my Ford Freestyle computer?
How to Reset the Ford PCM
- Open the hood of the Ford. Loosen the lock nut located on the negative battery cable connector with a socket and ratchet.
- Wait for 20 minutes while the PCM bleeds off the electricity it stores for backup power. Once the power drains from the PCM, it resets.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2007 Ford Freestyle?
Follow the instructions below to reset the Oil Change Required Light on your Ford Freestyle:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position.
- Press the SETUP button repeatedly until you see “PRESS RESET TO SYSTEM CHECK”
- Press the RESET button briefly until you see “OIL LIFE XX% HOLD RESET NEW”
How do you reset a transmission control module?
Steps to Resetting Transmission Control Module
- Step 1: Turning Key Position.
- Step 2: Press gas pedal.
- Step 3: Keep Waiting.
- Step 4: Turning the Key Off.
- Step 5: Releasing Gas Pedal.
- Step 6: Wait Again.
- Step 7: Ready.
How do you diagnose a bad PCM?
What Are the Symptoms of a Faulty PCM?
- Your “check engine” light is on.
- Other warning lights may be on, including traction control and ABS.
- You lose fuel economy for no apparent reason.
- Your car stutters when starting, requires multiple attempts, or won’t start at all.
- Stuttering or stalling during idling.
What kind of oil do I need for a 2005 Ford Freestyle?
The 2005 Ford Freestyle uses SAE 5W-20 oil from the factory.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2004 Ford Freestyle?
- Press the SETUP (or STATUS) button repeatedly until you see the “System Check” menu.
- Press the RESET button repeatedly until you see the “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset New” menu.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds or until the display shows “If New Oil, Hold Reset”
How do you reset the oil light on a Ford Freestyle?
Press the “Reset” button again and hold it for about two seconds, until “If New Oil Hold Reset” is displayed on the message center. Press the “Reset” button for a third time and hold it again until “Oil Life Set To 100%” is displayed on the message center. The oil change system warning light has been reset.
How do you reset the check engine light on a Ford 500?
To reset the check engine light on a ford 500 take the following steps: insert your key into the ignition, turn the vehicle on for about a second, and then off for about a second. Repeat this two more times then drive the car as normal. Check to see if the check engine light reset.
How can you tell if your transmission control module is bad?
Some common signs of a bad transmission control module include:
- Unpredictable shifting.
- Trouble shifting into higher gear.
- Trouble downshifting.
- Getting stuck in the same gear.
- Poor fuel economy.
- Check engine light comes on.